Lamontagne House Historic Site
707, boulevard du Rivage
Off-season phone: 418-722-3879
Be charmed by the historic site of the Lamontagne House, the oldest house in Eastern Quebec
Built around 1744 following the marriage between Marie-Agnès Lepage and Basile Côté, the Lamontagne House is in the heart of the architectural evolution in Quebec. Its architecture stone filled is an important architectural element of New France which there are only few traces on the territory. The house built by the descendants of the first lords Lepage, is in the dawn of the history of Rimouski by being the oldest building in the territory.
Follow the architectural evolution of the home, as well as the people who habited it and let yourself be charmed by the old decor, local shop, thematic exhibitions on everyday life in the era of New France and locals who welcome you to tell their story.
Marie-Agnès and Basil welcome you:
- June 24 to Labour Day daily from 9 am to 18 pm (last tour * 17 h);
- the Labour Day to Thanksgiving on Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 9 am to 17 pm. (* Last tour at 16 h).
- reservation during April to June and September to November.
Many activities are offered to visitors:
- The site is lively all summer with weekly traditional bread batches, Friday in July and August;
- Sundays afternoon in music, every Sunday in July and August to 14 am;
- The historical-themed activities and workshops (forthcoming programming);
- Maintenance of the garden and themed activities surrounding the garden.
- Group visits: Several dates are available every summer for group visits. CPE, schools, playgrounds and tourists are welcome!
Facilities on the site:
- Rest areas and picnic
- Spacious outdoor Bathrooms
- Large green space in the middle of a residential area.
- Dining area (you can dine on site)
- Rest area or picnic
- Room rental
Adults : 5$
Students and children 6 years and over : 3 $
Seniors ( 65 years and over ) : 4 $
Children 6 years and under : free
Group reservations possible ( school , tourist, CPE and playgrounds) : Special rates ! Find out !
Tours in EnglishGuided tours
Opening timesOpen in summer